Wednesday 13 February 2008

Ice & McDonald's






I have just completed reading Dan Brown's, Deception Point. As always with Dan Brown books they good page turners took me only about a week to read this one for instance (I wouldn't say I am the quickest reader in the world). You can feel the motion in the book the characters never stay in the same place for more than a few hours. As an example he uses a F14 tomcat to fly the main character to the Arctic!? And after that little made for film moment he uses the aurora (fabled alien tech, super secret, super speed spy plane) to transport the delta team back to Washington DC. Not exactly subtle don't get me wrong I do like Dan Brown's books but they are a bit like McDonald's lots of people like it but it feels a bit like you haven't eaten anything when you've finished. I think the word I'm thinking of is shallow but that's a bit harsh, what I mean is that it lacks substance but just because its not War & Peace doesn't mean it's not a good book.

No comments: